Summer in the city is never really an easy transition. We easily go from 20 degrees to 89 + humidity.
I've never been a summer person. Correction... I'm not a NYC summer person. Lived here all my life, its still shocking to me when summer arrives.
Since I can't just runaway to Antarctica and wait until summer passes, I make due with what I'm forced to deal with ha.
Some summer essentials for me as in my photo are:
- Floppy hat (The Bigger, The Better. Also the more it flops be super extra with it) Prevent that sun from giving you premature wrinkles and spots.
- Shades. I got these cool vintage red shades from Coal & Terry. ( Been high key obsessing with them)
- Can's do summer without a book. Actually.. You'll always find me reading a different book all the time no matter the season. This one is pretty great. I'll do a post about it when I'm done.
- I love totes. I have A LOT of them. *coughs* hoarder *cough* *cough* I got this one at Generation Beauty by Ipsy.
- Who hates heavy foundations ? I know I do. I dislike feeling my face can't breathe. I can't layer upon layer kuddos to those who do. The last 3 years I've been happy with my Nars Tinted Moisturizer plus it has spf. it's sheer coverage but buildable. My summer shade is Cuba.
These are just some of the things that make me happy to balance out my RBF in the summer. haha.
Also - yay me for blogging again!