I've been in such an amazing mood ever since we got into 2017. I've never felt more at peace with myself and my life.
I think I had a huge "Aha" moment in November 2016. I'm more accepting of situations and alternative routes to where I'm supposed to be in life. I've made a quick list of things that will help you bring a little more inner peace and happiness. These are things that work for me personally, might not work for you all but I hope you can find 1 or 2 things on my list that you can benefit from. Please note they're not in any particular order:
- Letting Go - & by letting go I mean, let go of negative attachments, drama, things that make you anxious and sad. That may include certain jobs, people, ex's. Anything you feel that brings you down whether you know it subconsciously or at the present moment. Let that ish go.
- Do You - Do more of what you want to do, stay in your lane, stop fishing to see what everyone is doing in their current path in their lives. We are all on different paths and moments. The more you focus on you and what you want out of life you'll see that things will slowly fall into place.
- Check In With Yourself - I love this one, before bed and when I wake up in the morning the 1st thing I ask myself is if I'm ok? If I have any feelings such as anxiety or certain thoughts I can't shake off I ask myself why am I feeling this way, and why am I allowing myself to feel what I currently feel.
- Meditate/Yoga - I love love meditating, even if I don't have time I try to sneak in 5 minutes or 10 in the morning. But in the evenings I do half an hour to an hour. People think that meditating is forcing yourself to not have any thoughts. That's not meditation. Meditating is letting your thoughts come in and out as easily as your breath. Set your intention and if you feel yourself swaying away, catch your thoughts and let them go, one by one. Yoga is great, I love that it's you and the mat, and breathing. I always feel high right after a yoga class or yoga in my room.
- Surround Yourself With Positive People - Be with people that raise you up, be with people that don't judge you. I love hanging out with people I can just vibe with you know? Conversations with depth and that feed your soul. When I hang out with my girls, I swear it's like we are the ultimate she-wolf pack, raising each other up to be the women we are meant to be and our energies just flow together. I love being with people who I can talk with about everything and anything and be completely myself.
- Do Not Take Anything Personal - Thanks to the Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz, this agreement is the most realist advice I've ever taken. I didn't put it into work until this year. It goes hand in hand with letting go, But everything that people say and do to you - do not take that ish personal. Whatever they say about you is a reflection of themselves and their own reality. You know who you are, let people's comments and actions roll off your back. You're amazing.
I will be writing more, sorry been MIA, been finding myself.